1 General Information
The MySQL (R) software delivers a very fast, multi-threaded,
multi-user, and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server.
MySQL Server is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production
systems as well as for embedding into mass-deployed software. MySQL is
a registered trademark of MySQL AB.
The MySQL software is Dual Licensed. Users can choose to use the MySQL
software as an Open Source product under the terms of the GNU General
Public License (`http://www.fsf.org/licenses/') or can purchase a
standard commercial license from MySQL AB. See
`http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/' for more information on
our licensing policies.
The following list describes some sections of particular interest in
* For a discussion about the capabilities of the MySQL Database
Server, see Features.
* For installation instructions, see Installing.
* For tips on porting the MySQL Database Software to new
architectures or operating systems, see Porting.
* For information about upgrading from a Version 4.0 release, see
* For information about upgrading from a Version 3.23 release, see
* For information about upgrading from a Version 3.22 release, see
* For a tutorial introduction to the MySQL Database Server, see
* For examples of SQL and benchmarking information, see the
benchmarking directory (`sql-bench' in the distribution).
* For a history of new features and bugfixes, see News.
* For a list of currently known bugs and misfeatures, see
* For future plans, see TODO.
* For a list of all the contributors to this project, see
Reports of errors (often called "bugs"), as well as questions and
comments, should be sent to `http://bugs.mysql.com'. Bug
If you have found a sensitive security bug in MySQL Server, please let
us know immediately by sending an email message to <email@example.com>.
* Manual-info About This Manual
* What-is Overview of the MySQL Database Management System
* Roadmap MySQL Development Roadmap
* MySQL Information Sources MySQL Information Sources
* Compatibility MySQL Standards Compliance
automatically generated byinfo2html