(gcrypt.info.gz) MPI library
11 MPI library
* Data types MPI related data types.
* Basic functions First steps with MPI numbers.
* MPI formats External representation of MPIs.
* Calculations Performing MPI calculations.
* Comparisons How to compare MPI values.
* Bit manipulations How to access single bits of MPI values.
* Miscellaneous Miscellaneous MPI functions.
Public key cryptography is based on mathematics with large numbers.
To implement the public key functions, a library for handling these
large numbers is required. Because of the general usefulness of such a
library, its interface is exposed by Libgcrypt. The implementation is
based on an old release of GNU Multi-Precision Library (GMP) but in the
meantime heavily modified and stripped down to what is required for
cryptography. For a lot of CPUs, high performance assembler
implementations of some very low level functions are used to gain much
better performance than with the standard C implementation.
In the context of Libgcrypt and in most other applications, these large
numbers are called MPIs (multi-precision-integers).
automatically generated byinfo2html